Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A blouse named 'Secretary001'



Here is my next project, or the inspiration for my next project. I'm no expert on the matter but this reminds me of a 40's pencil pushing office blouse, which is why I named it Secretary001.


It looks to me like all the control has been shifted into side darts which were then gathered into the side seams. The sleeve looks like a very short kimono or dolman. Anyways, I got to work on the PatternMaster and this is my first muslin.

I'm not happy because I look like a bag lady!

So I learned that when zero waist darts are selected, the slack is not picked up anywhere else - not in the side seam and not in other darts. I'll have to manually shift all the control into the side dart. And that will be my second muslin....

No comments:

Post a Comment