Sunday, March 28, 2010

Progress Frozen...literally

Last week my woodstove made some strange noises....then there was a big *POP*. It also rattled a bit and then smoke shot out from the seams in our flue.
--> Everything looks alright and everyone is ok. <-- Something happened to my flue and chimney, I don't know what and I'm too scared to think of the F-word. Bottom line, I'm not lighting another fire until I have my chimney cleaned and inspected. It's been very cold this week and now my house has caught a chill. My fingers hurt from the cold as I type. I went outside today and my house feels like it's the same temperature as the outside.....it's 8 degrees celsius (46 fahrenheit). I have some electric baseboards and I am using space heaters but it's hardly enough.
I'm bundled up in a large fleece jacket. Did you know that fleece and crinoline stick together? And when your fingers hurt from the cold, and your jacket and sleeves are sticking to the petticoat you are trying to gather....your patience becomes very thin. So instead of hating the world, I will refrain from sewing until I can get this chill out of my house.
Valentine and I are going to the in-laws and we'll probably stay there for a while. It's supposed to be 22 degrees celsius on Wednesday. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment