Friday, November 5, 2010

The Secret Skirt and Other News

Hello lovely readers!  It's been a while....a very crazy while actually.  I quit one of my jobs.  Don't worry I gave two weeks notice and everything.  It just wasn't working for me anymore.  Between my hours changing, and my husbands hours, we were hardly seeing each other anymore.  So now I have lot's of time to sew and see to my family's needs and I am loving it. 

Here is a skirt I put together this week.  It's a simple tapered skirt with a cut-on double inverted box pleat.  I used PatternMaster Boutique software to draft the skirt.  I made it specifically to wear with this sweater that I found at an estate sale.  It is a Wolsey and is likely late 50's early 60's.  I'll be wearing this ensemble to a party at my husbands work tomorrow.  I'm really excited!



Here is a close up of the double inverted box pleat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment