Wednesday, September 29, 2010

SCORE!!!

My husband got a haircut this weekend, and I tagged along.  I saw this beauty by the front door of the barber shop.  I asked them why it was outside, and they said they were throwing it out.  "Does it work?"  "Oh ya." "I'll be right back!!!!!"  So we got our truck and brought this baby home.  The make is Helen Curtis and it is called Cool Temp.  Trademark registered in the mid 70s.  It has a timer and heat setting.  Adjustable hard bonnet and a built in ashtray.  I'm going to clean it up and set it up in my basement rec room, which is also my sewing studio.  It will be a fun piece of furniture, a conversation piece, and a lifesaver, on the days I can't wait for my set to air dry.  I don't know what to do about the back yet.  It's kinda ugly and mangy looking.  I'll keep you posted!





No comments:

Post a Comment